Search This Blog

Thursday 1 May 2014

Are you a smoker that vapes? Or are you an anti-smoker?

We have to start thinking straight.

I believe I am still a smoker that uses the new and better smoking system. This is the same reason I use an electric iron rather than the old ones filled with hot coals we used on the farm when I was a kid. Electric irons are clean and easy to use. They are modern. They are better in every way to the old fashioned irons.

I vape because I like it. I liked smoking too. As a human in charge of my own pleasure, I should have the power to decide which pleasures I like and how I want to perform them. I actually do not vape as a harm reduction thing. I vape because it is more convenient and just as pleasurable as smoking. I use an electric iron because it's easier and better - but if people want to iron with one filled with coals, I'm happy with that.

Yesterday on Facebook, I was trying to explain why I consider myself still a smoker to another vaper who felt vapers should DIVORCE themselves completely from smokers.

Vapingpoint Liz
Vapingpoint Liz30 April 20:44
Aaaaaaaaargh! We ARE smokers. We just do it in the modern way. #### said "the ban on smoking in public places was an illegal and unnecessary act of curtailment of citizens' rights. This being so, I trust that your government will immediately repeal The Health Act 2006 , and restore the right of UK citizens to exercise free choice as to their smoking habits." and I see that as absolutely correct. All the troubles of vapers stem from the disgusting treatment of smokers. The lies told about vaping and vapers are not dissimilar to the lies told about smoking and smokers. We need to emphasise our right to freedom of choice as to which way we wish to "smoke", and expose the falsehoods that anti-tobacco use to make the world "smokefree". Electronic cigarettes were invented to substitute for smoking. The attitude to SMOKING needs to be addressed and it should not be condemned - it's a perfectly valid, pleasurable occupation.Well that's my opinion. Rant over :-)

If you feel you are not a smoker now that you vape, and you think you are somewhat superior to smokers, think again. We absolutely have to get our thinking right. It is no good pretending that vaping isn't modern smoking. The thing that binds us to smokers is that we were smokers of burning leaves, but now we vape.

Personally, my day has hardly changed. I do not miss smoking a cigarette at all. In the morning with my coffee in bed. I vape. I love it. Whether you use an electric iron or an old coal filled one, the ironing still gets done!

Pleading "harm reduction" all the time is going to land us into medical regulation. Thinking we are now ex-smokers, will land us in the soup because who is kidding who? We are perceived as smokers who have not been eradicated by those who hate us, but have, before their very eyes, morphed into "vapers".

Those who hate smokers, have turned their attention to US. They are vicious.

All the stage managed fear campaign that you might have internalised if you are one of the younger generation, to hate smokers and smoking or to to believe that now you vape makes you  NOT a smoker, is in vain. It's the old smokers like me and our ilk, who have watched the terror campaigns ratchet up in our lives, that know the depths to which the prohibitionists will go.  Smoking and vaping are pleasurable to those who practise them and it should be accepted like that. There should be places where consenting adults can do it together. The smoking bans have been shamefully introduced on ephemeral evidence produced by an ideology that has infiltrated the whole world with malice aforethought.

Here is an example of how it has worked - 

https://twitter.com/cdctobaccofree/status/461591800918974465




http://www.plowsharegroup.com/TipsAdRecruitment/




































Did you notice the mention of e cigarettes?

Did you notice that your doctor has to sign a legal statement that smoking caused or contributed to your health condition?

Since smoking has not, in court, been proved to cause lung cancer, and no test animal  has yet to be made to get it from smoking, and many smoking related illnesses are unproven still, and most especially the second hand smoke myth, the doctor, too, is signing against you as an ideologist.

Every problem vapers have, has spun off from the attitude of the prohibitionists to smokers. It's prohibition that needs addressing. Its the methods used in the careful brainwashing that need exposing. We see how it worked in the past against smokers and it's now being used against vapers. Why are we surprised?

The only people who might be surprised are the younger generation who have known nothing else in their new smokefree world. They have been marinated in the anti smoking program, so they don't now any better.

But the turning against vapers could make a big difference to prohibition as a whole, if we continue to expose the lies, deceit and shoddy science used in the methods of the anti smoking industries to now demonise vaping.  Vapers can do that. We have more and more science in our favour. We have not been gagged from speaking out yet. But the very BASIC problem is the attitude already rigid in the mind of society, the idea propagated on purpose, the idea that it is right to be an anti smoker.

I repeat the comment which I quoted in my Facebook conversation - "the ban on smoking in public places was an illegal and unnecessary act of curtailment of citizens' rights. This being so, I trust that your government will immediately repeal The Health Act 2006 , and restore the right of UK citizens to exercise free choice as to their smoking habits."

THAT'S the nub!

No comments:

Post a Comment